Wednesday, May 1, 2013

bon voyage


What an insane day it is here at the studio. The three hosts of the morning show, JR Michael Rock and Larry, are all going away on a FUN 107 cruise to the Bahamas. They will not be broadcasting from the ship or even calling in, so I’m not really sure what the point is of this vacation but it gives me a chance to experience some variety so that’s cool. The three hosts are being replaced by Neil White from the night show, and Mellisa, his co-host. Fun 107 is taking down three busloads of people to the cruise ship docked somewhere in New Jersey and they left out of the station parking lot around 7 so there was a lot of activity all morning. Jr was running around trying to make sure Neil knew everything that he needed to run the show.  Mellisa came in late but she was definitely a cool change from the other DJs. She is 25 and a patriots cheerleader and a dancer. She has a lot of energy and the small talk made by her and Neil I find much more entertaining than just three middle age white guys agreeing with each other.  Now I’m not saying the JR, MR, and Larry are bad, I respect what they do but like I’ve said before the show is kind of dry and I am exited about the switch up. I also spent the day waiting for Mrs. Crosby to show up and see me in action. We had scheduled a visit for this morning, 6:15 she said but she never came. I realized that she was probably trying to get ahold of me or had already sent me a text or email with a change of plans. I had no way of receiving those however because my iPhone is broken. I have no way of getting in touch with anyone since this happened its terrible. I guess Mrs. Crosby will just have to come another day. Although much of what  I do is just observe so I’m not sure how exiting it will be for her. When Neil took over the studio he was talking about all kinds of things he would change if he was the host. He’s a cool guy and seems much more laid back than JR and his crew. He said he plans on using me but I don’t know what he means by that, hopefully that means getting on the air at some point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment