Thursday, May 2, 2013

things is happening


Today is the day that I have been waiting for. Finely I’m on the air. Like actually saying things into a microphone that is broadcasting all over the south coast. I didn’t think Neil White was serious until I heard “Good morning, this is the fun morning show! Its Neil, its Melisa, Its Mark, we are here waking up with you…” I was so exited, I finally had a chair at the studio desk, and my own mic..awesome stuff. I started off just reading the prizes for the giveaway contest but I stayed on as part of the act when we talked about random celeb news. Instead of just preparing the list of birthdays, I read them out. I love actually having something to do and being on air, this isn’t what I had expected at all but I am glad Neil is putting me on. I think he knows how cool this is for me and he genuinely likes the idea. As opposed to JR, MR, and Larry all middle age white guys who all kind of have the same take on things, the new show is a lot more varied. Neil described to me what he saw as our roles, or characters kind of. He is the guy in that’s running things, filling in for JR, we have the young woman’s perspective in Melisa, and a teenager’s voice in me. He’s exited about talking about more fun things that might be too edgy for JR to allow on his show were he here. For instance, Ke$ha’s songwriting technique: hanging her boobs over a keyboard and whatever keys are played become part of her melodies. I talked about my kitten as well.  Neil is actually really cool compared to the other guys, he started talking trash about the stupid things the guys have for programming on the show normally. He especially hates free fortune Fridays. And I could not agree more. He pointed out that no one really cares…maybe the bit would be good for a once a month things but every week, it just puts the breaks on the momentum of the show. We also made several mistakes, we didn’t have the audio ready for a mystery movie clip contest but he didn’t make it a big deal. We just said we were feeling ‘easy’ this morning and gave a way the prize to caller number 7. Caller number 7 turned out to be just the first person that got through to me.. like I said, very cool. Today I witnessed yet another change of tone in the studio, this time not due to news, but to the DJ. It was definitely a more easy going atmosphere and I’m so glad to be a part of the show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment