Tuesday, May 7, 2013

you b-log with me


again, im sorry about the title..its better than just putting 5/7/13 right?..maybe?
I’ve been bragging to everyone about my new role as co-host of the fun morning show. If you aren’t from around here you might not think its as cool, but I grew up listening to JR & Sharon in the morning stories. and so the whole point of that is so the DJs can promote their blogs on air and encourage listeners to visit the website. I guess the more website traffic the better. Melisa also has to blog even though she is just there part time. Id like to know more about how she got the chance to be at the station, she didn’t go to school for broadcasting or anything, she’s a dancer.  The blogging also shows how many different jobs the on air staff have. I asked Neil what his card would say. He had a hard time answering me, he produces, promotes, does a lot of stuff behind the scenes not just for his show but for the entire station, and he also host the late morning show. He has the blogging requirement of 12 a week and also has to go to functions that FUN 107 promotes. Things like restaurant openings and community events often have a fun 107 remote broadcast van present with one or more radio personalities. The different aspects of this job may just seem like more work that they have to do, but it keeps the job exiting and adds variety. on Fun 107 and most local people are avid listeners of the station. (Mostly because it comes in clearer than a Boston or
Providence station and plays popular music). Its awesome, and I also have taken full charge of producing the show that normally Larry would handle with what little help I could offer.
Today Neil brought up (complained about) an aspect of the life of a DJ that I had not realized existed- blogging. That’s right, the DJs are required by fun 107 to blog daily, and it is apparently just as much of a pain in the ass to them as it is to me. ..I’m kidding, I was actually really surprised and exited that this part of my project turned out to be a part of being a radio DJ. They do not blog daily like I am as a journal entry, they blog for FUN 107.com. I guess the DJs are responsible for updating the website with news stories and entertainment 

No comments:

Post a Comment