Monday, May 13, 2013

Tuesday


I could tell Neil felt bad for me this morning. I passed him on the way to the Keurig machine. – the DJs may have taken me off air but they won’t take away my English breakfast tea-. “What’s up” Neil said, to which I responded “…Absolutely nothing” I was sad but what could I do, wait until I become a DJ of my own I guess. I’m definitely thinking more about radio as a potential career. I went into this project just thinking of Radio as something that would be useful to understand as a musician, a tool and something that is a sort of goal for anyone creating music. But I’ve seen what Its like to be a radio DJ and the lifestyle isn’t that bad and could work well with a musical career. I noticed how much more structured the regular morning show is as opposed to how Neil ran it. Neil appreciated lifestyle conversation and he absolutely hated doing all of the contests and free fortune Fridays and stuff. The three DJs have scheduled bit after bit. News > Entertainment update > weather > songs > commercials > traffic > trivia contest > etc. Its very cookie cutter and very similar to every other morning show all week long. I think they chose this route maybe because its safer…or maybe because they aren’t as good with impromptu conversation as Neil and Melisa so they don’t have a lot of it in their programming. But it feels over-programmed to me but then again I am interested in another type of show.  It’s the difference between watching an Ellen, or Chelsea handler type talk show and watching the news. That being said, tons of people love the morning show, and JR has been in radio like forever so if he was as dull as I think he is I doubt he’d still be doing his thang successfully in 2013. Larry I also don’t find funny anymore, maybe I’m just Jeolus because they keep talking about the cruise and I really want a vacation. Like really bad I can’t wait to go to Dublin this summer. I also kind of want to study broadcasting or communications in college but unfortunately Umass Lowell doesn’t offer that so I’m gonna have to figure something out about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment