that title is awful im sorry
So this morning I am more exited than I would be any other
Monday morning because I am waking up to once again co-host the Fun morning
show! I have been telling people all weekend to listen up on their way to work
or school, I feel like a mini celebrity
and I like it. It is surprisingly easy to be conversational on air because the
other two hosts, Mellisa and Neil, are wicked friendly. Its not like they are
just having me there for sh!ts and giggles, they actually want me to engage and
be part of the show. I mean I’m not Howard stern or anything, but I am
involved. Speaking of howard stern, he is so very lucky. And not because of his
surprisingly good looking wife, or his successful career in radio. No, he is
lucky because he gets to swear. Now some people don’t appreciate foul language,
and I agree like for in church and around kids, but theres nothing wrong with a
few four letter words in conversation. Sentence enhancers, as some people call
them, are really good when you just want to get the passion of your point
across. Also, they are fun to say and to listen to. I am a huge fan of swearing
in casual conversation but apparently that’s not okay for radio. Now I have yet
to slip something out, but its hard. For example: the new droid I got as a replacement for my
broken iphone is a piece of shit. It is, its awful and I hate it. But saying
its crappy doesn’t pack the same punch if I were to go into radio I would want
to swear emphatically at every opportunity.
Well, maybe not that often, but there are times when you can’t really
convey all of what you want to because of censorship. I asked the DJs what
would happen if they dropped and f bomb on air and basically you would say
goodbye to your career at FUN 107. I also wonder what would happen if a caller
swore live on the air. “Congradulations you just won yourself a 50$ gift
certificate to Sharri’s Berries!” “FUCK YEAH!”………… like we couldn’t do anything
about that. Niel said you learn to
censor yourself and its not that hard. He told me that its like being around
your grandmother or something, a F bomb just wouldn’t come out.
No comments:
Post a Comment