Smitty had something to say about the Z. she , my advisor, thought it
would be an awful idea for Town Square Media to buy the Z if it would change
anything about the programming there. I, however insist that something should
probably change if they are 300,000$ in debt. She kept calling it a ‘vaudeville
house’ and ‘art house’ , yeah its small and has fancy crown molding but that
doesn’t mean it has to have boring shows and be only a place old people or
artsy people are familiar with. No one is texting their friend asking what is
happening at the Z this weekend. I don’t think it has to be this way and maybe
if there was new ownership it could breath new life into the dusty theater and
make it a cool place to be. If this purchase happened, I now realize there
would be some backlash. People like smitty in the community would want to keep
the Z the way it is as an ‘Art house’…even if that means no one goes there and
it makes no money cough cough Anyways that is just an idea at this
point. Another event I learned about is a 50 shades party. Themed after the
erotic 50 shades of gray book that is very popular, fun 107 is putting on a
woman’s only 50 Shades party. The vendors will be appropriately erotic and as
naughty as it, I think it will attract a lot of women. Kristen certainly is
exited about it.
Giftstogive, the charity that I’ve worked for the past several summers
is also involved with town square. Jim (gtg’s CEO) is going to have a massive
backpack drive. Town square will purchase the bags and hopefully get supplies
donated, and stuff backpacks with school supplies for hundreds of kids in the
southcoast. I offered my services and the services of my friends if they ever
need help stuffing the bags with stuff, or moving, loading/unloading, anything.
I think its great that a company like this is helping out giftstogive. It seems
that the promotions department is very separate from the staff on-air. It is
true that the on-air staff wear many different hats but none of them seem to be
in promotions, always production. I have spent a lot of time producing various
audio but it all seems less interesting than the stuff Kristen has going on.
No comments:
Post a Comment