I’m not sure if I talked about it before, but Selena Gomez is coming to
the studio soon! I haven’t asked about the exact dates because I don’t want to
seem like a creepy stalker but it has to be soon if they are giving away the
invitations this week. I have never met anyone really famous and I am more
curious than I am star struck. I kind of want to know what its like I bet she
has some wisdom about the industry or music that would be worth hearing.
Anyways the preparations for the cruise continue. Larry is giving me the
run-down of everything, and I really hope that I will not be solely responsible
for this information. There is information about ENCO- the computer system that
basically runs the station (fancy iTunes, I’ve called it) and there is
information about Audition, and files on the server- P Drive its is called. I
have been talking notes and hiding my note paper in places where no one will
touch it. I don’t really have my own space so I have to make due with hiding
things. I also hide a paper coffee cup in a cabinet labeled ‘Mark’s Cup’,… I’m
being eco friendly.
Also, communicating while on air to the DJs is harder than you think.
For some reason there is always some pressing matter that one of the DJs have
to share. When they want to share, but cannot talk, they resort to a variety of
gestures. Waves and snaps are common, they point a lot too. I’ve seen a lot of weird faces that they make
on air and I am meant to interpret those faces. Mouthing words has never been
an effective means of communication. I don’t know why they don’t keep a notepad
on hand or little white boards.
No comments:
Post a Comment