The past 24 hours have been hell. I did not make it into the
studio today and as unfortunate as that is, it is so not high on my priority
list right now. It’ll all make sense if I just tell the story so it started
last night. All of the college bullshti that I’ve been wrapped up in for the
past year just exploded and I got completely thrown into a salad spinner of
fuck. My next few years got a lot more complicated and a lot less of what I
expected for myself because as it turns out, even if you get into all but one
of the colleges on your list, you still can end up at your last choice school.
Great. So after receiving that news and throwing my phone down the stairs in
Hoyt, I was having trouble sleeping so I went out for a drive. This drive took
me everywhere it was such a waste of gas, but I needed to get out of the house.
I didn’t get back home until around one am. I woke up later that morning at
8:30…shiiiiiiiiiit. I failed to realize that the iPhone that I just broke
wasn’t just a phone but also my alarm clock. I didn’t even have a way of
texting and of the DJs to let them know what happened. I ended up finding
Michael Rock on Facebook and let him know how sorry I was and that I’ll be
there Wednesday morning. I wouldn’t of had the ammo to sit through (standing
actually, still…unfortunately) the whole show without a good nights sleep and a
clear mind. I did get a chance to tinker around on adobe audition that I found
on my mac and I’m very secure on my production abilities although I don’t think
much will be asked of my on that front. I’ve also been thinking more about radio as a
career. These guys are making a decent living and they are just at a small station.
The DJs over at stations in Boston or New York are probably making way more.
You get to meet celebs and I would be constantly around music. It would even
make for a good day job for a performer. Although technical stuff is learned
through a broadcasting major in college, all of the DJ’s I’ve talked to agree
that you can’t really teach how to be a radio personality. It simply takes
having a personality and being able to relate to people. I’m not saying that
I’ve changed my whole career path but I don’t see why I can’t have a good time
in this field in addition to pursueing my musical goals. Idk, something to
think about.
No comments:
Post a Comment