Today has been full of surprises. It started with my sleeping through my
alarm. I woke up at 5:29…the show begins at 5:30. Miraculously, I made it to
the station in time for the show to start. Just kidding I got there wicked late
I felt bad. Then realized that I’m not getting paid, and so I took the extra
hour and a half of sleep for what it was. Speaking of sleep, my entire sleep schedule
has been entirely fncked up by this internship. Because I’m always so tired, I
have been taking naps when I get home. Now that changes day to day, but often
it is around five or six. I’ll sleep until 9:30 when I have to walk my dogs so
I miss dinner. And after I walk my dogs I can’t fall back to sleep so I’ll just
lie in bed and watch TV for hours until I am finally able to sleep around 12
o’clock, 12:30. Leaving me only four or maybe five hours of sleep, which is awful.
Just awful. Getting up is a continuous struggle. I only fully wake up in the
shower. And my showers for that matter have been very pressed for time, and I
don’t like that. My shower is my ME time. I listen to music, think about stuff,
mentally prep myself for the day, and I lost all of that to the internship. I
have barely enough time to rinse and repeat before I have to get out.
When I get to the station I’ve been getting right into my groove. I go
into the back production studio and get the weather all set up along with some
audio clips that JR wants to use during the show. I’m thinking of getting some
raw audio that needs some editing for my presentation. Editing the weather
doesn’t take very long and would be a cool little demo. This would either
require audio in the form of mp3s and screenshots of the program, or the other
option would be getting the program myself. But I think its really expensive so
I don’t want to do that. Now I’m thinking more about my presentation. I want
some sort of media and screen there and I want to share pictures of the studio,
audio of the show, things I produce (like the weather and promos), and I would
like to demonstrate the producing process. I would also speak about what the
job is like working at a morning show and what I’ve learned about DJs and the
industry.
No comments:
Post a Comment